Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gerry and the kids on March campout

This is the day they left cold wintery (March) in our front yard.
Yes you heard right, Gerry took the kids on a overnight campout. Clara and I had the night to ourselves. I put a quilt on and quilted all night. And then went to a Baptism, baby shower and visited grandma and my parents on Saturday. Very eventful for me.


Yes they left with snow on the ground and it still didn't change anything. I myself do not camp in snow or mud that is not fun for me. I like to be warm and CLEAN.

Gerry packed up the kids Headed West and then South. Here is the proof.

The camp

The kids are looking at tracks and the sign that says NO VEHICLES.

Then they started on the Hike.


It turned out to be a beautiful day.



The kids had a fun time and are looking forward to doing it again so I guess they will. They didn't freeze or starve to death (although the kids said they didn't eat dinner) Gerry confessed and said that he gave them snacks. They are safe and no harm done just a lot of laundry.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow! That is really neat that he took them out solo. I'll bet they had a great time!