Wednesday, October 8, 2008

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
This is to let me know that I (Ranuta) cannot be in or do five different places or things at the same time. Let me explain Cameron had just arrived home from school and was a hungry kid. He wanted a tortilla and cheese melt (in the microwave) well I helped him and he has in the past had no problem Putin it into the microwave. So I went and answered the phone and then noticed that Cash had just fallen outside on the driveway, and Clara had just woke up from her nap. Well I did hang up and ran out to help Cash, and then went in retrieved Clara. Cameron in the process put his lunch in the microwave and then brought me the phone it was a friend we had made arrangements that we would have the boys come up here and play. Well anyway, while still on the phone I went outside with Clara in arms and phone to my ear to bring Cash back in. Coming back in the house I could smell something REALLY BAD and then it clicked Cameron Oh NO! I said. I hurried and turned off the the flame inside the oven and
Oh MY that is when the smoke alarms went off.

On the back porch is where the stinky, smokey sits

My friend said I will let you go. Did I say that it was not a good odor and now it was very noisy on top of it all. I hurried and opened all the windows and turned on all my ceiling fans it was not good. I then went out to open the garage thinking it would help get more air in. Well I stepped in some dog dodo I was not happy. Gerry had left for work early and I didn't even think of the dog. I know my bad So that really didn't help matters. I thought I needed to cool off and get out of the stinky, loud house so with kids in tote went down the street to get the mail. That is when my friend (who I was talking to on the phone) comes up the street You could hear the fire alarms just a blazing I thought for sure that my neighbor was going to call the fire department. My friend had her husband come up and disconnect all my alarms. I am glad that I have good friends that will help me when I am so crazy. I had another friend help me while I got all the alarms off and some fresh air in the house. We are all okay and the house is still standing and that is all that matters (not to sure about the microwave oven) but that is okay.*This is the 20 minute cooked tortilla*

So for my lesson I need to do one thing at a time (YEA RIGHT) and don't let a five year old cook anything even if it is in the microwave.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, how CRAZY! I'm so glad your friends helped you out and nobody/nothing (except the microwave) was hurt.

emily said...

Oh no! Love the pic of the toasted quesadilla!! Sorry you had a bad day. No fun! At least no major fire, right?